I was thinking I would like to make up some flower pins to give as a gift for some friends. I have never crocheted or knitted flowers before, so I started searching the internet for some patterns.
Crocheted Flower Patterns:
- A Crochet Flower Tutorial from Echoes of a Dream .
- Crochet Flower Patterns from My Lifetime. There are 3 flower patterns: Fanciful Flower, Bold Bloom and Sunny Flower.
- There are many more free Crochet Flower Patterns at Crochet Pattern Central.
Knitting Flower Patterns:
- Flower Power Brooch from Knit on the Net.
- Knit Your Own Flower Corsage from iVillage.co.uk
- Knitted Posies by Peggy from Blue Bell Knitting Guild
- There are many more free Knitting Flower Patterns at Knitting Pattern Central
I think that a handmade flower pin or brooch would make a lovely gift for mother’s day.